Thursday 4 December 2008

A sad sad day ....


Heaven bless him...
Our gorgeous dog, Sunny, has gone to doggie heaven today. Suddenly taken ill, Sunny was admitted to the vets as an emergency this morning. Poor soul.
We got him around 2 weeks before Christmas 2005. He had 'served time' in the German Shepherd Rescue Centre. Poor chap had suffered terribly at the hands of another human being. When we got him he wouldn't even go near my hubby, only following me around constantly. Eventually hubby gained Sunny's trust and they became best of friends, and very protective of us as a family. He'll be very sadly missed.

3 comments:

Mar G said...

Oh Hels - So sorry to read your sad news about Sunny :( I know how upset you'll all be! (((Hugs)))
Thinking of everyone xxx

Dawn said...

It is sad when you lose a pet,such a shame she was badly treated before he came to you.

My auntie had an elkhound it was almost like a human used to copy myself & my twin sister when we were just children.
WOuld snuggle in between us to watch tv.

Lainy's Little Blog said...

So sorry to hear your sad news. It's not easy when you lose a pet. Thinking of you all at this very sad time. Big hugs, Lainy xxx