Friday 9 May 2008

Baby Jayden

Congratulations to Tracy, Steven and Kelsey!
Alwynne's chum's mum recently had a wee baby boy whom they named Jayden. It's great to see an influx of baby boys being born as for a while it was lots of little girlies! As I only know Tracy and Steven to talk to in the school playground or in the 'passing', and I know Kelsey [Alwynne's chum], I thought I would make up a little 'minding' for the baby's arrival.

Firstly, I made up a Sizzix die cut baby album using various accents and embellishments. And also using the Stamping Up stamp and the Stamping Up Spiral punch for the insert with poem in the mini album plus fibres and ribbon on the book-ring hinges. I had bought a couple of white wicker baskets at the end of April when I saw them I thought they would come in handy! They already had their own cotton lining and all I added was the blue ribbon and used the Stamping Up retired "Sweet One" stamp with embossing powder and the heat gun and used the SU scallop punch to punch that out. I did a couple of the punchouts so that the basket, card and mini album all corresponded. The basket I filled with about 8 newborn baby nappies, baby shampoo, baby bath, a ramer sponge, travel pack of baby wipes, anti-bac hand gel and a bar of baby soap along with a mini Winnie the Pooh! I then cellophane wrapped the mini album and added the personalised label. I punched a hole in this label so that I could feed the curling ribbon through it so that it joined with the ribbon bow I made for the finished cellophane wrapped basket.

No comments: