Thursday 25 June 2009

End of term school staff and teacher thank you gifts

Just a small few of 2-step stamping on these thank-you cards:
Those paper bags were recycled from the school staff room ages ago - I had this in mind when I acquired them lol!! Hand stamped with SU! stamps:

I bought a few little storage boxes from Hobbycrafts, a few thimbles, needles, fancy dressmaking pins, sewing machine bobbins etc and filled the storage boxes as emergency sewing kits. Using my sewing machine, I wound white, black and navy blue thread on individual bobbins rather than cards. Yeah I know, you can indeed buy tiny sewing kits for around £2.00 odds but the threads are never up to much and neither is the packaging! I think in total the sewing kit I made up cost between £6 and £8 as the items are more substantial than what you would normally purchase as 1-off kit!


I apologise for the 'puckering' of the coated paper on this clipboard - 1st coat dried brilliantly! however, the 2nd coat didn't and I proceeded to a 3rd and gave up once it had dried, still 'puckered'. The little flowers were rub-ons. In fact the patterned papers/cardstock where what I have left from my days of being "Top Line Creations" scrapbooking consultant.
I also altered a bingo clipboard in similar colours [for same teacher] and added a few notepads too. PPs and c/s again from my TLC days.
All wrapped up in cello and gift bow:
I had bought those little dainty metal plant pots from Ikea some time ago with the view to doing this - just filling up with a few choccies and wrapped in cello and bow:
A close of my small hand-made bow ribbon:
All wrapped and presented in the stamped paper bags:

No comments: