Friday 8 May 2015

Creative streak





I managed to get some crafting done on my week's annual leave from the NHS job last week and will schedule uploads over the next couple of days.

Stampin Up have in the current catalogue, the Sizzix thinlets die for cutting little gift bags similar to the one made above.  Being frugal as money is not endless, I didnt think I would use the other dies in the set for the paper bag dies and I also feel that the die for cutting the bag actually restricts you to one specific sized bag.  So, I set about with 12x12" cardstock, decided what sized I needed and using the SU scoring board tool, I scored at 2 vertical intervals so that the back would overlap once glued, turned the cardstock around and scored another line which would be the base of the bag.  I then trimmed the thin border either side of the main middle [which would be the main panel] leaving the main panel longer than normal.  I then took the corner rounder to both corners of the overlap piece.  Using my ATG glue gun, I glued a vertical strip on the 2 outer panels [which will be the rear of the gift bag] and overlapped then secured them.  Did the same action to the bottom overlap strip, placed then secured the overlapping strip to form the bottom of the gift bag.  Decorated as above.  Almost forgot to mention I used my old dressmaking pinking shears to create the zig zag top edge and corner rounders too for the bag opening.

The "Thanks So Much" card made as above using SU DSP and other embellishments.  The gift box I made using the We are Memory Keepers gift box punchboard [I purchased all my punch boards prior to becoming an SU Demo].

As a follow-on from my paper medallion post, the paper used was Stampin Up DSP from the Sale-A-Brations.  Basic white and coloured cardstock used here other suppliers.  Sentiment stamp from SU and Stazon inkpad.  Other supplier flower punch and pearl embellishments.  Label maker similar to Sizzix Top Note die is an X-cut layered set. 

No comments: