Tuesday 5 May 2015

Difficult times

A little while ago I went through a pretty rough time at work [NHS job] and at the time it stole the wind from my sails and temporarily knocked my confidence.  I won't go into detail for obvious reasons but a particular colleague was very supportive and gave words of encouragement and thankfully broke my blinkered way of thinking [am I really any good at what I do? what did I do wrong?  what have I missed?].  Without their support, I don't think I would have recovered from the ordeal as quickly as I did.  With this in mind, I knew they love different kinds of kid's sweets [as well as the grown-up kind] and that's okay.  I knew I wanted to give my colleague a token of my appreciation and create a "thank you" card and this is what I came up with:








White, blue, black and terracotta cardstock from other suppliers.  Diamonte embellishments Hobbycraft.  Scalloped circle punch from Hobbycraft.  Butterfly diecut, other supplier.  Sizzix embossing folder.  "thank you" sentiment from Stampin Up Sale-A-Bration "Lotus Blossom" set.  Stazon black ink used.

No comments: