Friday 11 April 2008

Me as a tourist in Edinburgh



I spent Wednesday in Edinburgh as a 'tourist' LOL!!

I am born and bred Edinburgh but never really saw the potential Edinburgh has from a photography point-of-view until recent years. I suppose living in Edinburgh, you take things for granted. Even now I have lived in East Lothian for the last 18 yrs, Edinburgh is only a bus ride away - I don't tend to even shop in the capital either especially weekends as it is streaming with people. So visiting Edinburgh as a 'tourist' is a whole new perspective! The course I am doing lasts for 10 weeks . I'll be honest – at first I was a bit apprehensive. Have I bitten off more than I can chew? That was my realisation when I received my first assignment. So this is the reason I ended up in Edinburgh as a 'tourist'. It was my choice to go into Edinbrgh to take photographs from a different perspective as I felt I had more scope of interest there. It really made my day when I uploaded my 3 chosen images and received fantastic feedback. Just gotta work on my next assignment!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm doing exactly the same thing just now- photographing edinburgh and I must say I'm not stuck for inspiration!