Tuesday 22 April 2008

Stampin' Up!





Yay! I managed to use my Stampin' Up purchases for the 1st time LOL!! I had been 'hankering' after the scallop punch for a while but never actually managed to get round to be able to have a 'play' with them! I used a retired SU birthday stamp though omitted the "happy birthday" with the cake which is in the centre of the stamp. I just applied the ink to the scallops of that particular stamp then stamped onto Bazill cardstock leaving enough room to use the SU scallop punch afterwards for a decent border. Using the textured side of Bazill cardstock doesn't lend itself well to an even application but I quite liked the effect! I then applied ink to the smaller SU sentiments stamp and then stamped onto plain white cardstock and trimmed and stuck it down on the previously stamped/scalloped piece. That was the base for my idea for both the card and 'altered wrapper' for the bars of chocolate for the lucky recipient. I even managed to use my Sizzix sizzlet "Cherish" alphabet as well. The dotty paper is from a DCWV stack.

No comments: