Sunday 20 December 2009

Secret Santa at work

For the 1st time in years, I have been invited to take part in the office "Secret Santa" . I am not giving the game away as to what the gift was - unfortunately the £5.00 budget doesn't stretch too far - the recipient may well be disappointed after seeing how the gift is wrapped LOL!! I thought I'd make an extra effort with regards to the wrapping.
The paper is basic brown wrapping paper - it's not the thickest or strongest of paper so the paper was 'wound' round the gift a couple of times to prevent any inevitable ripping. I dug out some of the leftover Christmas wire edged ribbon and set to wrap it round the gift making a bow. At least with the wire edging, it's easier to manipulate the bow to the desired effect.

A lovely wire ribbon bow:


Once everything was in place, I stamped one corner of the exposed wrapping paper with an SU! sentiment stamp from a Chrismas set:

Next I got to work on the gift tag. Using the jumbo scallop tag die from Sizzix, I cut a tag using red cardstock. I then stamped the swirly image with an SU! stamp wheel with Versamark, added the gold embossing powder, set it with the heat gun. The "To" and "From" details were printed using my computer and printer overlapping the gold embossing - a happy accident!

Completely wrapped:

No comments: