Monday 14 June 2010

Hobbycraft goodies




After being at the Scrapaholix class last Monday, I've been slowly getting in the mood to do some crafting of late! I thought a wee trip to Hobbycraft at Edinburgh Fort may inspire me and also to see if I could get some masculine papers in order to get my hubby's scrapbook done - I also wanted to see if they had the pillow box die for the Big Shot as I am starting to think about the teacher's end of school year "thank-you" gifts. Hobbycraft don't really stock a whole lot of 12x12 scrapping papers - more value pads from DCWV, Kay & Co etc. The 12x12 cardstock/paper selection they do have seem to be girly stuff. Even some monotone wedding paper could do - but nowt! I did come across the above Papermania pad with florals and thought some scrap style framed photos could do with that paper for the bedroom when I get round to decorating it. I came across the Sizzix die which is a sort of swirly stem with flowers on it - I thought I could use the stem as a 'flourish' in some way. The tub of buttons are fabby - it means any loose buttons I have in my sewing kit can just be added to the tub. I got the Cuttlebug photo corner die as it was reduced in a sale but I'm not sure just how effective it might be as my first tryout of the die meant all folds actually were cut - I think I'll have to look on the internet to see what it should look like once cut out.

The tissue boxes I came across by accident and I had originally picked up only 1 of them and did look around the shop more. It occured to my when browsing that it would make a different thank you gift for my daughter's teachers at the end of the year, so I went back and got another one to alter! I'd originally wanted to alter those very large wooden pegs you can get from Hobbycraft but having only one at home in an un-altered state, I certainly couldn't find any more in Hobbycraft on Friday. The tissue boxes will just have to do I'm afraid!

The gift bags I was thinking of adding a huge flower as an embellishment and cut out "T H A N K S" with my Sizzix orignal alphabet and adhering the letters to the bag also for a different effect.

No comments: